01 March 2009

It's AMAZING....

Watch This First! For Real, don't even read the post if you don't have the 8 minutes and 20 seconds it takes to go through this whole CLIP!!!!!

It's AMAZING how people still front on Kanye. There are people in this world that like Kanye West's music yet still fix their mouths to talk about they don't like how "cocky" he is. I feel that anybody that likes Kanye's music should like the individual that Kanye West is because I feel that he puts so much of himself out there on every single one of his albums. For real, go back and actually listen to the College Dropout and he basically introduces himself in an almost brutally honest kind of way. He called himself an asshole ("why you think me and Dame cool? we aaasssssholes" - "Get 'em High" ft Talib Kweli & Common) and even wraps about his love for the material things in "All Falls Down." I had a friend once tell me that "people tell you who they really are. we just don't listen." and that is so true. You love Kanye so allow yourself to be okay with someone that is confident enough with themselves that they can put themselves out there confidently. Quit Frontin' or using his confidence as a scapegoat for your own insecurity. I'm so over these Kanye Haters....Respect His Gangster. It's okay to love yourself and feel yourself...just don't believe your own hype.

But I wanted to write a post simply because I watched his episode of Storytellers on VH1 last night, and honestly I thoroughly enjoyed it. The "Amazing" segment was my favorite part, which is why I included in this post. He said he wanted to show us how he had grown through his music and he definitely did that. It was everything I needed to see...I effin' loved it and only wish that I could have been there to experience it live.

You know how damn near every kid has some musical artist that they grew up listening to because of their parents. I can promise and pretty damn near guarantee that for my children will come to know and love Kanye West at the tenderest of ages. Maybe his genius will inspire the genius in them.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE STORYTELLERS EPISODE....IT IS TO YOUR BENEFIT TO WATCH IT AND ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE INSPIRED. It was AMAZING...but I do know how my opinion could seem biased...but if you don't watch it...it's your loss for reals. Click Here to watch the full show...or at least most of the show...hopefully it'll be on sale on iTunes

No comments: