24 November 2008

Dear Kanye West....

Getting ready to listen to 808's and Heartbreak....I decided to 'chilll' for a moment en el garaje, then I came inside, put my pjs on, hopped in bed, and just to make sure I was on point I listened to "Through The Wire" from the College Dropout, a song that me and the ladies heard on the way back from Columbus and when it was over we were all like, "man everything he said on this song was so true" and "this is why no matter what I'll be getting 808's and Heartbreak...'history in the making man'" Before that though I did listen to Rihanna ft. Jay-Z "Umbrella" b/c I don't know all I know musically I'm a FRIEND of Kanye West for Life...like that man is Touched and I think that those that don't feel him should just not speak on the issue...because those that do feel him FEEL him and really don't care what you all think :P (he who does not feel me, is not real to me, therefore he doesn't exist, Vamos Son of A B*tch -Hov)

I found the New York Times Review on the internet, it has some questionable parts that I didn't like but I did like at the end where it says,
"No less a branding visionary than
50 Cent, whom Mr. West last year famously outsold in head-to-head first-week record sales, has criticized Mr. West’s direction on this album, telling MTV, “I don’t think the public will forgive him for it.” (He added, “I think his album is T-Pain’s record, but I’d rather buy it from T-Pain.”) 50’s wrong on at least one count, though: Mr. West’s fans aren’t loyal to form, they’re loyal to him."

Word.

Sidenote: This reviewer could have ended his review with that but he had to tag on, "But Mr. West is testing that commitment. For all his self-scrutiny, he has never truly demanded emotional investment."

Like I said musically I am a friend of Kanye West. We're supposed to be there for our friends when they have their moments. I remember telling my LOVE a brief overview of what people were saying about this album back in September and I just said, "Man, he's clearly just been through some things so I just gotta support him...no matter the sound" I basically think that if 'Mr. West' is testing his fans committment then he is about to pass with flying colors...as he always does.
Great Idea: I definitely think that Kanye West and Fall Out Boy should do a mash-up album...either one of select songs from each of their careers or one of 808's & Heartbreak..mixed with one of FOB's albums (I'll wait to say which one would sound best until I hear FOB's new album......anxious for that one too.) I also thought it would be tight to hear Fall Out Boy cover all of 808's & Heartbreak...that would be hard. I might love it better than Jay-Z and Linkin Park's Collison Course...that is if it were to come about...
To say the least, I really did LOVE 808's & Heartbreak, and I'm not just saying that because it's by Kanye West. It was definitely an album FOR Kanye that I really think he needed to make in order to get him to the Legendary, Iconic, Historical place/spot which his destiny commands that he occupies. I applaud him for taking this chance and putting himself out there when *he is/was/may still be vulnerable*

*Disclaimer: I do not know Kanye West personally, So i can not speak to his state of mind but I just feel when you show your heart the way in which he has on 808's & Heartbreak you are bound to have experienced or experience some sort of vulnerability.

I guess this was one of those fan type blogs...IDK it's late at night and I'm just drifting/typing/blah blah blah

Peace&Love
JessalaineJessalaine

COP THAT 808's & Heartbreak...at least do yourself a favor and sit and listen to it all the way through.

No comments: